KiCad PCB editor is an open source software suite for electronic design automation (EDA) - designing schematics of electronic circuits and printed circuit boards (PCB). KiCad is developed by Jean-Pierre Charras. And features an integrated environment between schematic capture, bill of materials list, and PCB layout.
KiCad PCB editor software is organized in five main parts:
* kicad - the project manager.
* eeschema - the schematic capture editor.
* cvpcb - the footprint selector for components used in the circuit design.
* pcbnew - the PCB layout program. It also has 3D View.
* gerbview - the Gerber (photoplotter documents) viewer.
Kicad PCB editor software is available for Microsoft Windows and Linux opens take a look rating systems .
For more information take a look on this Kicad review and tutorial .